In this section, I have brought together my various skills in Forest School Training, Horticulture, and Biodiversity & Habitat creation to offer bespoke training courses to fit learners and the organisation’s needs.
What I offer
- Adult Horticulture Training
- Community Projects – community garden design & set up
- Teacher training & CPD’s – train the trainer courses
- Forest School training for adults, teachers, and educators
- Themed workshops – examples include: The art of seed saving, willow and creating living willow structures, biodiversity & planting for pollinators
- Educational Resources Development – garden maps, garden trails, and educational infographic signs
If you are interested in creating a programme or setting up a project, please contact me.
Previous Forest School Training Programmes
- Forest School Training themed week-long Teacher Summer Training Course, Castletown House, July 2019, with Kildare Education Centre.
- Introduction to Forest School Ethos & principles, 2-day course, run in various locations around Ireland in 2019.
- Ongoing After School Programme in Castletown House woods.
- Forest School Activities for Cruinniu na nÓg, for KCC Heritage Office & Arts Office, summer 2018
- Maynooth FS Project, spring 2018 & spring 2019.
- Ongoing FS programmes since 2013, Maynooth University, Phoenix Park, Marlay Park and Castleruddery Organic Farm, among others.
Previous Garden Projects
- Development of Award-Winning Biodiversity garden, food garden and nature trail at John Sullivan Centre (JSC) Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) Clane, awarded 2nd place in the Community Biodiversity Garden section for first-ever Irish Biodiversity Conference 2019.
- Run ongoing QQI Level 3 & 4 training courses in the garden, for members of IWA and local community, year-round.
- Other Garden Projects run – Citizen Science & Art Project, JSC IWA Clane, spring-summer 2018 & 2019
- Transition Year (TY) groups workshops sessions at Biodiversity garden, students from Clongowes Wood College, Scoil Mhuire, Clane
- Children’s workshops during Biodiversity & Heritage Week
- Development of Educational Signs with support from Kildare County Heritage Office
- Seasonal practical gardening courses at Rathcoffey Zero Waste Community Garden, autumn 2020 – autumn 2021 with support from Kildare LEADER CLP to run adult, adolescent and children’s programmes merging Forest Schools, heritage skills, biodiversity & gardening skills.
- Countywide Kildare based community garden project with Kildare County Council (KCC), in 2020, linking six different community garden projects in KCC estates around Kildare, skills sharing, and practical skills sessions run in each community garden.
- Kildare Town Community Garden, workshops delivered for setting up and design of the vegetable garden, orchard workshops, installation of a wildlife pond, 2020.
- Design and set up of community garden in Ashgrove Housing Estate in Kildare this was the first-ever community garden in a Council housing estate in Co. Kildare.
- Community garden, design and set up with Kilcock Men’s Shed, 2015, through Community Education support from the KWETB.
- Set up a community food garden at Newbridge Family Resource Centre, set up and facilitator for Men’s group and QQI Level 3 garden courses, for over 3 years.