Up until the end of 2022, the Level 3 Forest School Leaderhip training was delivered in Ireland by Marina Robb of Circle of Life Rediscovery CIC. I was part of the Irish team delivering the training in Ireland for Circle of Life. The team consists of myself, Lucy Bell of Growing Wild and my colleagues Ciara Hinksman of Forest School Ireland and Lucy O’Hagan of Wild Awake.
We are now in transition so watch this space…
The Level 3 Certificate provides the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to prepare learners to work as a Forest School Leader.
The training will combine key principles of Forest School with best practice from Environment and Nature Education, child development, the world of play (wild, free and therapeutic play) delivered by our professional team who have many years experience.
The course covers areas such as:
- Nature education and connection
- Child-led and Adult-led continuum
- Personal and cultural development
- Educational and Nature pedagogy
- Nature conservation and stewardship
- Risk Benefit Assessment to enable resilient and confident young people
- Innovative and therapeutic practice in the outdoors
- Effective communication and behaviour understanding
- Introduction to neuroscience and growing a healthy brain in the context of child behaviour and development