Forest School Teacher Summer Training course
We are very excited to be running the very forest summer teacher training course in Forest School through the auspices of the Kildare Education Centre.
Dates: Monday 1st July-Friday 5th July 2019
Booking through: Kildare Education Centre website, follow the link here.
LEARNERS WILL GAIN AN INTRODUCTORY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE FOREST SCHOOL ETHOS & PRINCIPLES
- This course will provide teachers with practical skills to be able to engage in outdoor learning with children/class groups, which will expand their range of educational opportunities and experiences they can offer.
- This course will improve teacher’s confidence to be able to take children/class groups outdoors safely.
- The Ethos & Principles of Forest School will give teachers an understanding of how to facilitate holistic child development in the outdoors, this incorporates the development of confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in an outdoor setting.
- Being in the outdoors will give the teachers a sense of how to engage children with nature and the outdoors, which has proven benefits for their health and well-being.
- Teachers will be given skills to enable children to self-direct their own learning. Children will develop the ability to learn independently, to co-operate and may develop leadership skills through the applying the forest school ethos.
- Participants will be introduced to ecology, woodland habitats, biodiversity and plant and animal wildlife identification, and activities that can be used with students, including conservation & protection